The 885 Visa allow international students who completed a degree, diploma or vocational qualification from a minimum of 2 years full time study in Australia to apply onshore for Australian permanent residency.
To be eligible to apply for a visa, the individual must meet the general conditions of the Professional and skilled migration, which include:
- The individual applying must have obtained English language threshold results before lodging application.
- The individual applying must have evidence that you meet the English language threshold or have booked to sit an English language test.
- The individual applying must have applied for a skills assessment in a nominated 50 or 60 point occupation.
- The individual applying must hold or have previously held a student visa (560, 562, 563, 572, 573, 574) within 6 months prior to the application.
- The individual applying must not have been unlawful in the last 6 months before applying
- The individual applying must have booked or undertaken a full medical at the time of application.
- All applicants, 16yers of age or older, must have applied for Australian Federal Police clearances at the time of application