The Australian government is committed to helping families to reunite. As a result, a large proportion of the visas offered by the Australian Government are allocated to the Family Migration Program. The Sponsor must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and is able to sponsor close relatives, such as your parents, partner, fiancé, spouse, independent children, brothers, sisters and grandparents.
As with all Australian Visas, certain requirements will have to be met, but fortunately Family sponsorship does not require skills or language testing.
The 4 main categories of Family Visas:
- Spouse: the husband, wife or de facto partner
- Prospective Marriage
- Interdependency: same sex partners committed to a shared life together.
- Dependent child: natural, adopted or stepchild of the Australian sponsor
- Adopted child: child adopted overseas
- Orphan relative: unmarried child under 18 years unable to be cared for by parent.
- Contributory parent
OTHER FAMILY VISAS
- Aged Dependent Relative: single, widowed, divorced or formally separated person dependent on an Australian relative
- Remaining Relative: has no near relatives outside Australia and is the brother, sister, child or step equivalent of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Carer: willing and able to give substantial, continuing assistance to an Australian relative or family member who is impaired by a medical condition, needing assistance for at least two years.
Sponsoring a family member to Australia is often more difficult that people expect because there is no statutory right to bring a family member to Australia. Each application is unique and requires a case to be developed. Each case will be reviewed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship and a decision will be made on the merits of the application.
Banksia Immigration Australia understands the anxiety and personal pressures facing families when they seek to be united. It is vital the service we offer meet and excel your expectations. Banksia Immigration Australia assures you that we will offer prompt, precise information and advice and will manage your case with sensitivity and respect you deserve.